Soft Wiring and why it is an important consideration for your office fit-out
Soft wiring offers power, data, and USB solutions for any office space.
It is a key consideration for your office fit-out or refurbishment, whether it is a small office or a larger corporate environment.
Our soft wiring options make it easy to integrate your power, USB-device charging, and data needs with your workstations. This offers your team easy and safe access to power, data, and device charging options at their desk.
It is a modular wiring plug-and-play solution designed to power commercial and workspace environments. There are solutions and products for many commercial spaces including desks, meeting rooms, and public and shared spaces.
Soft Wiring improves productivity, saves time, and gives your business maximum flexibility to expand it in the future with plug-and-play office power solutions.
A benefit of soft wiring is that it is so flexible, with the ability to be changed or reused for the purpose of power and data distribution within your workspace.
When thinking about soft-wiring for your desks or work pods, some questions to think about are:
- Where is the power/data feed coming from? This can be from the ceiling, floor boxes, nearby walls, or existing furniture.
- Does the power start with a wall socket or a 3-pin point?
- How many workstations will be clustered into pods?
- Will you need Power, data, and device charging for each workstation?
- How many GPOs (Power Boards) are required per desk?
- Will you require power under the desk or above the desk or both?
- Are the workstations static height or Sit to Stand?
- How will the power and data leads be kept neat, tidy, and free from tangling? Keeping it safe from trip hazards in the office.
- What solutions will be needed for meeting spaces and shared or break-out spaces?
At Workspace Direct, we stock the leading brands of OE Elsafe and CMS products and solutions. Below are just a few of our most popular products and units, but talk to our team about your requirements and a custom quote.
A basic kit for a workstation/desk space is
- 4 Way GPO (power delivery) Board
- Cable Basket (if required, as many of our desk ranges come with integrated cable tray/management)
- Starter Lead or an Interconnecting Lead. an Interconnecting lead is required to daisy chain power supply together when desks are in pods of 2 or more.
Desk Top Power and Device Charging.
With a great range of stylish on-desk options available, there is no need for crawling and bumping heads under your desktop when needing to plug in your devices.
- Tanya Hanrahan